Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health and Hospice Case Manager
Aegis Homecare and Aegis Hospice are currently seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) that has a passion in providing outstanding services to an elderly community. Someone who thrives on establishing a high level of standards, who is committed to professionalism in preforming services that impact our clients comfort and ability to achieve the goals of their Plan of Care.
At Aegis Hospice and Aegis Homecare we are committed first to care of our patients and the well being of their families. With that belief at the core of everything we do, we know that it can only be achieved through the strength of the team we build. If you feel that you would like to be a part of an outstanding team that provides outstanding care we look forward to hearing from you.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, Agency Policy, and accepted professional standards of practice.
- Provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory & processes and communicates/documents observations & assessments.
- Clinical Supervisor
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.).
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment.
- Teaching skills according to the client's needs and within the context of the client's environment,
- value system, and physical/emotional status.
- Medication administrations.
- Develops and/or follows and implements an individualized Plan of Care with a focus for achieving realistic client goals (outcomes) within a specified time period
- Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan
- Counsels the client and family in order to meet nursing and related needs
- Participates in the preparation of patient transfer, discharge plan and discharge summary
- Provides services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the Case Manager
- Incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings into patient care
- Performs comprehensive assessments of client status including physical, psychosocial and environmental parameters
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client’s needs
- Evaluates the outcomes of care
- Documents legibly and according to Agency documentation guidelines and standards.
- Follows Agency guidelines for completion of forms, reflecting the orders and care plan
- Prepares Clinical and Progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goal(s)
- Ensures that finding and ongoing services are documented in the medical record for each patient contact
- Maintains client records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention, and evaluation
- Documents verbal orders received from the physician in the medical record
- Participates in team meetings and coordinates patient care with other members of the home health care team
- Assigns written patient care duties to individual Home Health Aides
- When appropriate, assigns a licensed practical nurse to provide nursing services in accordance with agency policies
- Informs the physician and other team members of significant changes in the client’s condition in a timely manner consistent with client needs
- Supervises LPN/LVNs, Home Health Aides, Paraprofessionals and other team members
- Conducts supervisory visits to determine the quality of care being given by the home health aide as frequent as agency policy dictates.
- Evaluates the competency of the Home Health Aide and Personal Care Attendant by direct observation of performance
- Participates in in-service and education programs per agency guidelines
- Participates in ongoing, professional self-development and identifies needs for personal professional growth
Skills / Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair as well as a good driving record
- Current CPR certification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Holiday Pay
- Travel time Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid time off for Full-time
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time